Project meeting and special session dedicated to Stakeholder Engagement at RICOMET 2018
ENGAGE researchers met in the week of June 11-15, 2018 in Antwerp (Belgium) for the ENGAGE project meeting (12-13 June, 2018). The ENGAGE project also host a special session within the RICOMET 2018 conference, entitled: “Involve, Engage, or Participate? Shaping Engagement with Stakeholders and Wider Publics in Radiation Protection”. Several presentations related to ENGAGE project were given:
- Reconceptualizing stakeholder participation in Emergency Preparedness and Response
- Stakeholder engagement in radiation protection – what can we learn from practice ?
- Saving and sharing knowledge on stakeholder engagement in radiation protection - challenge for knowledge base development
RICOMET is a series of multi-disciplinary conferences dedicated to Social Sciences and Humanities research related to ionizing radiation. More information about RICOMET on the RICOMET 2018 website.
In 2018, the ENGAGE Stakeholder Advisory Board (SAB) was formed with the members:
- Dr. Clara Carpeggiani, Italian National Research Council, Italy
- Dr. Jason Chilvers, University of East Anglia, United Kingdom
- Dr. Igor Gogora, representative of the local community of Kalna nad Hronom, member of Group of European Municipalities with Nuclear Facilities (GMF), Slovakia
- Mrs. Ciara McMahon, Environmental Protection Agency, Ireland
- Mrs. Yeonhee Hah, OECD-NEA
The first meetings with the SAB members took place in March 2018. The feedback and ideas exchanged will be used to improve the ENGAGE research methodology.
News update May 17, 2018
Several activities have already started within the ENGAGE Work Packages and a number of documents have been developed in relation to the first milestones: